Monday, September 21, 2009

On the News

Well today we got interviewed for a piece on the news to raise awareness for organ donation. News 4 came to the imagine place where Sean had a CT scan today. Then with us to visit the dialysis center since we were there getting information.

While switching the microphone from Sean to me a gentleman came and said we are in his prayers. He told us of a relative's success story. She was in the parking garage of Vandi after a routine exam when she got a call telling her to come back up they found a donor for her. They did emergency surgery to transplant her. It was very touching. I did good at "being strong" until this point. It is nice that people share encouraging news. As I've said before the kindness of strangers has been the most wonderful part of this process. We are truely bless!

Keep my brother in law in your prayers. We hope we find a donor for him soon! His baby will be four tomorrow and he'll miss this one in the hospital! We don't want him to miss any more birthdays.

2 comments:

  1. isn't it amazing how people come together and become "friends" on the internet???? i know that for me, i needed to reach out to people in my same boat to see what other people were going thru.. i'm so glad i found your sis in law, who then directed me to you! lots of prayers for sean and bruce!!!!! i don't really have any news to update :( still waiting for donor testing to complete!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the process is slow, but it'll work out! We have you in our prayers too.

    ReplyDelete