Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good Day

Well today, we went to visit the surgeon for my purpose to get clearance for the transplant. We did get a bit more than that today. Sean is able to drive-not all the way to dialysis-but enjoyed a little spin around Clarksville!

He also got a very cautious return to work slip. The doctor looked at me and told him that if he gets tired he needs to go home. He is still not to lift, so a friend will have to carry his laptop back from his car to the building. His boss is allowing him work short days on M, W, F due to dialysis. Then whole days on T & Th. Funny enough we are talking about a total of 6 days, but I'm sure the same four walls are making him stir crazy.

When going to turn in said work slip, we had nice visits with friends. A good dose of love and support is always good for the soul! During this trip, we did hear about a young person having failing kidneys within our own CMCSS family. This saddens me and I hope that the family will one day be able to embrace the love and support we have been so blessed with during this adventure.

I posted some new-old to me-links that I was sent in the beginning of this. Believe it or not, someone at the very beginning of this suggested that I keep all those who inquired informed. For those that don't know, this group is a big one as I posted on campbellyardsales, craigslist and Facebook looking for a donor. I personally emailed several this evening and will continue until I finally finish. It is a great time of year to say hello to people. (Side note: We've not yet done our Christmas cards-lol.)

Thanks again for all the love and support. Happy holidays to all this season. May you be bless with many little joys!

No comments:

Post a Comment