Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Catchin up

I went to work yesterday and it was good to have some "routine" back in my life. I felt bad much of the day for leaving him, but he had a good day and was in a good mood. So I figured it was good for all!

Well today was dialysis and his dad took him. I guess his blood pressure got so low at dialysis that he did or nearly passed out! I don't know if I should rearrange my schedule and take him myself or not. I have the days, but it sucks b/c I have to take the whole day off. I can only take a half or whole day and the half day time doesn't work with his schedule. They really don't like us back there for long, so it's likely I couldn't do anything anyway.....It's all just a bit scarey.

Of course, when you consider his entry weight compared with his exit weight, it becomes a dah. They've been keeping him at 94.8 kg. He began at 96 kg and they took him to 92kg which is not what he usually does. I wish I knew how they determined that they were taking more out than usual. I will be going on Thurs. so you know I'll ask how that changed. He didn't like the tech today, so we hope he doesn't get her again. I will say something-he said she doesn't pay attention. For what this is costing, I will say something about that too.

Four weeks from today is the transplant. It does depend on two things-one is the obvious...that he is well enough and two which is funny....if insurance deems it medically necessary. I would hope that it is medically necessary!!! He has no stupid kidneys. So.....we are hoping for approval ;-) The goal of this was short and sweet.

He is getting around fairly well, but quite slowly. His energy level is a bit down. Ten minutes or so on his feet and he needs to rest. Honestly, with 57 or so staples and all they did inside, I think he's doing well!

The kids are managing this all well. Garett's teacher came and told me today that if she didn't know, she wouldn't be able to tell. That to me is a wonderful thing. We are trying to make their life as normal as possible, but gave everyone involved with them a heads up about what is going on here.

Dayle is taking drivers education more for an insurance discount than anything else. The teacher today-after her first lesson-said if it were up to him, she's ready for her license! Good to know, but she will complete this class and the other 4 hours of driving ;-) She does well. She drove to church and back in the stick shift this past Sunday. I was very proud of her and how she was able to manage shifting and the wheel. She's not really been on main roads with the stick. Yeah, baby!!!

Some things I think I forgot to mention:
We came home the Tues. before Thanksgiving. My mom had cleaned the house, ironed the sheets and made my bed. She gratiously offered to leave and I was so very tired that I accepted! I told her I was trying to wait until after Thanksgiving, but she said she didn't mind, so I accepted. I like my routine so this was a great thing. We spent the next couple of days by ourself getting some much needed rest!

Thanksgiving was from Cracker Barrel. It was okay-I do believe it'll be the only year we order in. I want my big Thanksgiving with all the craziness it entails. We quite enjoy the company and then the quiet at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment