Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We're Home!

Oh boy, is it ever nice to be home and sit in your own furniture! We've had people call thinking they were coming to Nashville, so I wanted to post and say we are home. Come on by. We will probably stop visiting hours by 7:30 so we can figure out showering-all kinds of new parts in the shower.

I am adding some things that I was waaayyy too tired to post on here last night. My mom and step dad did a wonderful job of cleaning my house from top to bottom. I knew mom would clean, but didn't know she'd get the ladder and dust the ceiling fans (I have an extendable duster for that.), iron my sheets and things I couldn't imagine.

I was a good night of sleep in our own bed. I now feel like I could pull off a small Thanksgiving meal-ham and potatoes. Yesterday I didn't want to step foot into the kitchen. My how some sleep can change the attitude.

Thanks to visitors last night that finished putting the shower seat together for us and brought the kids a pizza. My mother in law made Sean a dinner the kids wouldn't eat and I had no thoughts on dinner either. Sometimes it's the little things as well as an awake mind to help.

Thanks to all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing feels as good as getting home from the hospital. When my last kidney was removed (it weighed 8 pounds) I was so happy to be rid of that polycystic montrosity! When it stopped working, I just wanted it to be gone! The only thing better was actually receiving a transplant. Recovery was surprising quick and the weight loss felt great! Hope things continue to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, David. We don't know the weight of them yet-waiting on the path report. Doc said his were "footballs well more like watermelons." Transplant is scheduled for next month-a quick turn around, so we'll work to keep him well during these 5 weeks. I think we both slept much better last night. I know I now think I could cook for Thanksgiving and yesterday didn't think I could step foot in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete