Thursday, November 5, 2009

Details, Details

Oh my goodness....the details! The kids, the dog, the parents, sub plans, hospital crap...what to do with them all???

We are still nailing it down. I have made arrangements to stay in Nashville for 5 nights thus far. Mom is coming in to help with the kids. Kids are missing a day of school for the surgery. The dog will be handled by the neighbor until Mom comes back with the kids with Saturday night or Sunday.

I have an email into our donor coordinator to determine if dialysis needs preapproval with insurance. Don't know if PKD foundation is interested in the kidneys, but if they are they need to contact me with how to do it.

I'm working on sub plans. Hubby made arrangements with a tech guy to come set my sub up with a computer so she can use my model classroom to teach-whoo-hoo. I have the two day week before Thanksgiving done and almost all sticky tabbed. :-) Now to nail down the plans for the week on Nov. 16th.

The knot in my neck says it's getting close!

What else am I forgetting???

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh.. i can't even imagine what you're going through however i can't wait till i'm doing it too! guess i ought to start thinking about sub plans now for when/if the time comes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother in law is working to get Sean's kidneys donated to research. It looks like it might happen. She said they were VERY excited at the chance to get them. This is just something I couldn't add to my already full plate. It is a great idea, but I couldn't take on anymore. I've said no a whole lot lately. I am very happy though for our children that this is getting done-thanks mom!

    The only piece of advice I would have when you are planning is decide what "you and your hubby" want and plan with the people that will make that happen. (I have planned and replanned b/c I am trying to make everyone happy and not hurt feelings.)

    We have friends waiting for a call telling them what we need. It is a fabulous feeling to have that. We are creating an email list to keep people informed in the days right after surgery. Sean works for nine schools, so we are getting one contact from each to email and notify those interested, Boys Scout troop, church, family, teachers and such.

    ReplyDelete