Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Afraid to Say It

Well, well.....it appears there is a "plan" which I use loosely for fear another shoe (if there is one) will drop and God forbid something else will change.

So here's the "plan":
Nov. 20th removal with new Urologist-Ideally removing both kidneys. If not, then the left.
Dec. 20th removal of right kidney if not successful on Nov. 20th (HOLY COW-it would appear that this date is incorrect as it is a Sunday! Whenever they pull their heads out-I will update with the correct date!!!)
Dec. 29th transplant ONLY if the Nov. 20th goes off with both removed.
? transplant if two surgeries are needed

We go in on Nov. 16th to meet the new Urologist (4 days prior to surgery), do the pre-op work and meet with the "sleep doc"-no I still don't know how to spell that official word.

Sean's parents are going with us so we have some extra ears. Trying to prevent what happened this week. Although I know that I was diligent in my notes and crystal clear as to the dates the doctor said he was available. You know me asking point blank questions, so ....maybe they misunderstood direct questioning....who the hell knows.

Anyway, we are hopeful that this goes off without a hitch-this new "plan."

2 comments:

  1. What's the surgery plan? Is it still Laproscopy? I don't understand why they would wait until 4 days before to meet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plan is to remove both on Nov. 20th. However, if they feel he's been under too long or there are problems, they will close and do a second removal surgery on Dec. 20th (funny b/c that is a weekend day-yet another screw up!) If this happens we might loose our donor b/c it'll be another 4 week recovery and I think that's out of his range. I certainly don't blame him at all-he needs to work.

    As to why we aren't meeting him until 4 days prior, well the donor coordinator who "scheduled" the transplant, didn't actually tell the doctor or put it on his schedule! So she never scheduled it, just thought to give the donor and Sean the date for grins I guess.

    Anyway, I guess to keep the 29th with "some" doctor-not ours-this is the only time the doctor has available to meet. No idea! We are rolling with it as best we can. We pray it works out.

    It was a total mess! Sean never wants to discuss a birthday ever again!!!

    ReplyDelete