Thursday, November 19, 2009

Starting to Feel the Stress

The stress is getting real. I see it in the kids and it breaks my heart! One won't discuss it or break because she won't add that to our load. The other can't comprehend the whole thing. He's told many times what will happen and how it will work, but asks again. Dayle did that when she was little and the information was too much. He is doing that now. I do know that it's normal, but you want the best for your kids and this seems too much.

All in all working until the day we "need" to be in Nashville was a good idea. I wasn't feeling that on Tuesday, but I think it ended up being the best bet.

We came home from work to find my house cleaned up, a new shower head installed (my brother gave me a part number to make my life easier), jello in the fridge and a shower seat purchased and ready to go. What a great surprise. I asked for the jello, but only discussed what needed to be done in the next week prior to or shortly after Sean's return home and walla! Thanks to my in laws and kids!!!!

Kind friends all around. Words cannot express how amazed we are at the outpouring of love from friends, oworkers and of course, family. All have sent little gifts and/or offered services, home and cell numbers for contact. We continue to be overwhelmed by the kindness. Sometimes things are mentioned and it ironically shows up like a zebra stripped snuggie-lol.

We are off to Nashville to have the dialysis port put in today. We are just staying out there instead traveling back. The kids and rest of the family is expected out between 2-4. Surgery is tomorrow at 8am and I'll try to post updates as I'm able.

1 comment: