Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday, Nov. 23rd

Aside from the days blending together, things are going well. I forget what was on what day and time drags except when it comes to sleeping. I close my eyes and the door opens or he needs something. It never fails.

He is on a liquid diet and just heard they changed him to solids with low sodium. I think they are working on kicking him out tomorrow after dialysis. The chart says he goes home tomorrow, I hope they do dialysis prior to leaving here tomorrow. With Thanksgiving Thursday, he will need to come back out for it on Wed. then do his Saturday. I think that will be the true test of how he feels-having to wait several days for dialysis. He is on the Tues., Thurs., Sat. noon schedule.

He is tired, but feeling fairly well. He is still on the pain pump, but using it less. They did add a pain pill today I guess to get him ready for discharge. The ride home will prove to be challenging I'm sure. I'll be the longest that he's had to sit that straight up. I know it'll get better each day. We will have to go see a doctor to remove staples and stitches for port. I was kind of hoping they'd remove the stitches while at the dialysis center or prior to leaving the hospital. I think they have to be in for 10 days though.

We have some more visitors coming out this evening. It is nice that people are driving this far after a full day of work. They are very sweet and stopped by my house to pick some things up for me. I sent too much stuff home with the kids. Guess I thought I'd wear the same shirt for a few days :-)

I told mom that she would need to leave Fri. - Sun. sometime. I want some normal and it is difficult with people there. It is nice they were able to come and handle some things.

His parents went back to Clarksville today and will return tomorrow to pick him up. Their car sits higher and will likely be more comfortable. I might rent a truck to bring him to dialysis. I'd like to just get a new one, but don't want the payment-ugg. I hate that he's not riding home with me, but guess I can speed ahead and make sure things are good. All entrances to my house have steps so.....that will be a challenge tomorrow or whenever for that matter. I might be able to fix that relatively quickly. I learned from my little brother how to do a ramp-I think.

The kids went to school today. Dayle has several things due tomorrow and I told her to ask for an extention. I don't know that she will, but anything done over the weekend probably isn't her best. She will have to decide herself if she'll ask. I know they will understand as I emailed them all the information several weeks ago.

Garett's teacher is helping too. I've given her heads up about his mood when possible and she's giving a dose of love with some tough love if necessary. I want them both to know that this is no excuse to slack on their job! I hope they understand that.

Well I'm off for now. Honestly, I hope we sleep all of Thanksgiving. I think I need it to catch up
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment