Friday, January 15, 2010

Back to Work

Well all,
I've heard that I scared some people with the post about Sean's levels. For that I'm sorry. I didn't post while I was stressed-I waited until we got the new numbers. It was very scary and we know that we need to watch the potassium intake. This is still happening now, but not as high as before. The surgeon said that Prograf is known to have something to do with it, so it might not be "all" about what Sean eats. We plan to ask the kidney doctor about this on Thurs.

Sean is going to try and go back to work on Monday. I think he needs to do this, but figure he'll be tired at the end of the day more so than he is used to. The upside I hope will be a better sleep. Since he is going back to work, he need some new clothes. He went from a XXL or XXXL to a L or XL. He is struggling to get his head around this. He keeps leaning toward the bigger clothes. I've had to remind him that he is not that big anymore!

I am getting caught up-sort of.....I have been weeks ahead all year and now, I'm barely done with next weeks lessons. (I usually have it all set out and that hasn't happened.) I hate that part of this! I want to be weeks ahead in my plans again. You'd think with time off, I could have done that, but I was wiped!

With the transplant done, I will begin to pursue other endeavors in my career. I got my Master in Leadership, so I may as well begin to consider opportunities that present themself. I was hesitant to do this knowing that transplant was looming over us. Now I feel like its time.

Now that he's well (and back to work), I guess I need to see if people are still interested in the blog. Drop a line with your thoughts to let me know.
Thanks for following us on this journey!
Mary

PS. My baby girl turned 16 today!

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! I know Neil will be excited to see Sean. He has been not really wanting to go in to work lately and has even gotten in trouble for being late. :( He did say that he missed seeing Sean at work, so this may brighten his day. Good luck to you as you pursue those opportunities and wish me luck I signed up to be Thirty-One sales consultant. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The diet things never go away, though they are much less strict than if you have to do dialysis. After over a year (on daily steroids) I am really having to fight weight gain. Which is really crappy after losing all that weight on dialysis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is sean still on steroids? They told Bruce he would not be taking them past his hospital stay but that didn't seem right.

    I think you should def. keep writing a blog because I came here to see how his days at work went and what kinds of medicines he's on and just overall how things are going.

    ReplyDelete