Sunday, January 31, 2010

Meds, new stuff, whatever....

Well I have been told that I need to keep writing so here we go....

Life is fairly normal. Sean went back on Jan. 18th-only 20 days post transplant! Whoo-hoo for my hubby! He wanted to go back then and he did. Still going to appointments, at first weekly, and now two weeks. All the extra crap is out of his body-stint, dialysis port, etc. He was quite excited when the last thing was removed.

He came home on NO steroids! That was great considering the side effects of them. I think that this wonderful thing is due to Dr. P. Clark for saving the glands when he did the removal. This man was fabulous-a total pleasure! He takes a mess of meds still, but luckily NO steroids.

My sister in law is looking for meds so here they are: Cellcept 500 mg 2 times/day, Prograf 5 mg 2 times/day, Dapsone 1 time/day & Valcyte 1 time/day. He just began taking a low dose of something for his cholesterol. What has not been introduced back and I hope it continues to stay that way is a BP med. I am impressed with the BP since the new kidney!

Sean has done well at managing his meds . However with the snow and fun yesterday he was a few hours tardy in taking his meds. Please for my sake, don't bug him about it! He realizes the issues and was so irritated with himself that I said nothing. I only had him call the service to advise on the next dosing. Very proud-I do not babysit this process, so he now has a back up plan in place. He was in the process of changing over the documentation sheets which is part of the reason. I usually do glance at the pages (honestly, I think the kids do too) to make sure it's being done. Pills are in boxes on the fridge door, so you'd think I would have noticed. Oh well, lesson learned by all.

I am letting go of some things that take me out of the house in the evenings. I will still bowl on Monday nights and reception at Weight Watchers on Wednesdays. I did give up leading my Tuesday night meeting and leading on Wednesday night. I love my groups so it was a difficult choice. Last week in church it just became clear that I needed to find me in all this mess. I've been so focused on one thing and luckily for me I had these things to keep me focused on only the positive things. I credit working WW and bowling for that focus. Now however, I need a little rest. My daughter is getting older and will likely only be here for another 2 1/2 years. (She wants to go to school in FL.) and Garett is getting older too. We only have one life and limited time with our kids. I don't want a "new life" full of regrets-not to mention I kind of like spending time with my hubby. If not, what did I do all this for? So, I'm downsizing my responsibilities outside the house. I am happy with my decision and hope others will at least respect it.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the meds info and the updates. Good to hear that everything is going so well. I am sure it's strange to find what the new normal life is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete