Friday, January 1, 2010

The boys are going home!!!

Whoo-hoo 2010 is looking great!!!! The boys are both being released as I sit and type. Paperwork is under way. Both boys are dressed and ready. Sean is going home with most everything out-he still has the dialysis port in and won't get it out until he sees the surgeon in a few weeks. Sadly they could have taken it out today which upsets him because he wants that out now!!! We just asked the wrong doctor.

Jeremy's paperwork is done and he will see the doors long before us-and he's gone! The nurse said she has to round with meds for all THEN she will release him. We even had the same nurse. We hope that it is soon, but are happy it's today.

5 comments:

  1. Happy new year!!!

    Don't worry about the port. Not that anything will go wrong, but if it does, he'll be glad to have it.

    The future with a new kidney will just be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I feel like it's not a terrible thing, but it isn't hanging off of me. I will share this with him. Happy new year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and your family!

    Judy Springer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I just came to your blog, by way of Dave Waddington!

    Congratulations on your boys' transplant!

    I have PKD and tomorrow will be the 12th anniversary of my transplant (donated by my wife!)

    Continued Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the thoughts and comments. I should clarify the "boys" are the donor and my husband the recipient. Jeremy and Sean are friends and have known each other for about 14 years.

    Congrats on the 12 years Coach! So is it still going strong?

    ReplyDelete